Housemates Salone is a reality television show produced by Africell and AYV TV. The show features 20 young guys and girls living together in an isolated house with no connection to outside world and viewed live on broadcast TV and Radio, online Streaming (social media, YouTube) and AfriTV (IPTV) for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The show is about entertainment, fun, competition, games and exposure crowned with BIG WINS.
In addition to all the fun and prizes, Season 3 will take place under all strict precautions and safety measures from COVID19.
The purpose of this detailed application form is to properly evaluate your qualifications as a suitable candidate for Housemates Salone. Kindly make sure to answer all questions correctly and honestly in the form. You will automatically be disqualified from the selection process if any of the answers turns out to be untruthful or if you withheld requested information.
Please carefully read the section below entitled Housemates Salone - Information for Applicants before completing the rest of this application form.
Note that the eligible participation age is 21 years and above. Application submissions close on March 10th, 2022.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully
- I am aware that the producers (AYV and Africell) will consider the information provided by me in this document as reasons for accepting me as a participant in the Housemates Salone production.
- If you are selected by the producers for the next phase of the auditions, you must avail yourself for a possible video interview.
- If you are selected for the next phase, you will be contacted by phone call. Make sure your phone is always charged and available.
- You must be willing to live in the Housemates house located in Sierra Leone with approximately 20 or more strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are selected to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence.
- The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in every room and space in the house for the full duration of your participation in the contest. You will always be viewed live by the Producer as well as the general public audience on broadcast TV and Radio, online Streaming (social media, YouTube) and AfriTV (IPTV) for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The media producers preserve the right to use your pictures and videos on TV, print and all social media platforms.
- You must be at least 21 years of age by May 1st, 2022.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you might be given, and must complete and return, any further application materials (including but not limited to additional psychological and health questionnaires) or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification forms) as well as a Medical History form.
If selected as a Semi-Finalist you must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be handed to you by the Producer and will include but is not limited to: Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments (including blood and urine tests), confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement and other additional information as required by the Producer.
- Africell and AYV have no responsibility whatsoever if pregnancy occurs during the program.
- I agree to undergo a full blood test and a several PCR tests (for Covid 19).
- I commit to all safety measures put in place by Africell and AYV to avoid the COVID19.
- By applying for participation in housemates Salone you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of any of the sponsors of the Program or a contest or prize related thereto, and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on housemates Salone or participate in the application process.
- If you are shortlisted during the selection process, the Producers will ensure that any information provided for the purpose of producing Housemates will be kept secure and treated as confidential. Any disclosures of information will only be made with your permission.
However, if you are selected to go to the house, the Producers reserve the right to use any of your details and information provided by you for production purposes, publicity and broadcast. The only exception being your address and contact details.
The Producers and broadcasters would like to retain the application forms of the candidates for future related use when, for example, producing similar shows if you have been shortlisted.
If you have participated and entered the House of a previous Housemates Salone edition or other similar reality TV shows in Sierra Leone, your application will not be accepted.
Select Video to upload:
Follow the simple steps below to apply for the housemate’s auditions:
Step 1. Make a video of yourself and save it on your computer or mobile device before starting your application.
Step 2. Submit your video for assessment.
Step 3. Upload your Video.
Casting video Terms and Conditions
- Video must be maximum 2 minutes in length, 250MB in size.
- The maximum 2-minute video should end with you completing the sentence “I would make a perfect housemate because”.
- Video must contain your Name, E-mail and Phone Number clearly stated.
- Avoid all forms of filters, special video effects, copyrighted music, and background music.
Casting Video Tips
- be yourself! We want to get to know who you are as a person. How will your life experience help you win housemates? How will you interact with the other housemates? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples. We love a good story!
- It’s so important to talk about your talent and explain this part with passion (singing, dancing, art, cooking, sports…)
- Making a casting video is not about putting together the best skit or wearing the wackiest costumes. We are looking for real people and we want to see the real you.
- If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on Housemates. If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you win the show.
- Hold camera steady (You can use your mobile phone camera).
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-light room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Shoot during the day so that we can see your features clearly. Speak loudly and clearly. Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises will not cause a distraction from what you are saying.
- Your video may be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV.
- Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able verify that we have received your application.